This article discusses how to operate the BRAND® Titrette® Bottletop Burette – the first bottle-top burette to satisfy Class A error limits for glass burettes. The determination of the end point drop by drop – if necessary even up to 3 decimal places – can be done quickly and reliably.
- Place the container with the test solution under the titration tube of the Titrette® and remove the titration tube cap.
- Turn on the Titrette® and start the titration.
- If the approximate concentration is known, the titration will proceed quickly until shortly before the end point.
- Then add the standard solution drop by drop, until the color change.
- Before starting the next titration, the display has to be set back to “0” using “Clear”.
- To refill the Titrette®, move the piston upwards until it stops.
- Now the Titrette® is ready for the next titration.
- If the titration is started without a full refill, then the piston may reach the stop before the end point. Simply raise the piston again for filling. The display valve will remain fixed during this filling process – the titration will continue as usual drop by drop with the highest possible precision.
- To reduce crystal deposits and evaporation always fill the device completely to the upper stop after titration.
Watch the Video